Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More strange comments!

I apologize that I've been MIA for a few days!!  Last week I had a dinner with some fabulous women from a new startup based out of San Francisco called Luvocracy....and I've been totally obsessed with it since, hence the neglecting of my little blog!  I'll be back to tell you more about Luvocracy later....for now I'll just say that I'm super excited about it :)
   
Instead of a 'pin of the day', for this entry I'm going to revisit the topic of the strange comments I receive from some of my Pinterest followers.  A few days ago I pinned these cute little lunch box notes from a company called Say Please.  I originally found them on Totsy, one of my favorite deal websites. 

 
Now that I'm packing a lunch for Addison to take to school I thought these would be so cute to stick in with her sandwich every day.  Apparently, there are some people out there who disagree with me!!
 
The first comment I got was nice, and totally normal!
 
I have purchased these, and they are awesome!
 
After this, the strange comments started...
 
So the note says "I love the person you've become". Which means what, that the person was not loved before? that love is conditional? that you aren't loved unless you conform to someone else's ideals? That's some seriously sad crap.
 
Whoa lady...a little sensitive about a lunchbox note!!  Next up (from a different person)...

yeah, like "you look nice today". Backhanded compliment. Wonder what else is in Lunch Box Love?
 
Really, people???  Then came (from a different person yet again)...

What else? How about "No, those pants don't make you look fat. Your fat makes you look fat!! Well, you asked. We could produce a whole line of snarky lunchbox love.
 
Wow...I just wanted to put some cute notes in my 5 year old's lunchbox!  The last one was more along the lines of what I was thinking as I read all the crazy comments....although I'm not sure I'd go so far as calling perfect strangers fat idiots!!! 

Oh shut up you idiots!!! This is sweet it's just sad that you lonely housewives have nothing better to do than sit on your fat asses and dis other peoples photos with your "ideas"
 
Just goes to show...you never know what kind of characters are actually checking out what you post online!  I suppose I have to expect a few weirdos among my 2.8+ million followers :)  For the record (and to protect the identity of those weirdos!) I deleted the comments after copying and pasting here. 
 
After reading how people really feel, if you're in the market for some of your own lunchbox notes you can find them on Amazon.com (the Totsy sale is no longer active).
 
The next time you visit Pinterest don't forget to follow me!! Happy Pinning!

2 comments:

  1. Some people are SO stupid and just look for things to complain about. It must suck being them so much that they have to bring everyone else down with them. I think it is a cute idea! Do they make them for husbands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i just find it amazing how there are such negative people out there that like to twist things. I love the idea of these notes to boost more confidence and higher self esteem in our kids. I dont think these people realize how kids idolize us as parents and grow up to resemble us in so many ways as adults. And Erin your idea for husbands would be awesome 2! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete