Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pin of the Day - October 9

The 'pin of the day' for Tuesday was popular (currently with 251 likes and 288 repins), as are all my pins from the fabulous Etsy shop Around My Wrist.  A few months ago, my dear friend Amy started making macrame bracelets for fun.  Right away, she started selling the bracelets to friends and family, donating all the money to another friend who was participating in the Susan G. Komen Seattle 3 Day walk for breast cancer.  People immediately fell in love with her bracelets and she could hardly make them fast enough to keep up with the requests!!  After making enough bracelets to account for over $500 in donations to Susan G. Komen, Amy finally decided to start up her own Etsy shop!!


 
Since starting her shop she's been selling out of bracelets left and right! The above bracelet is one of my favorites so far.  And I love the cross bracelet below too.  This one has been CRAZY popular and it's been almost impossible for Amy to keep the cross beads in stock to make more bracelets.
 
 
 
I'm so happy for my sweet friend and her newfound success doing something she loves.  I look forward to adding to my collection of bracelets from Around My Wrist.  Make sure to visit Amy's shop and pick out your own favorite....you owe yourself (or someone you love) the treat!!! 
 
You can find my pin here.  The next time you visit Pinterest don't forget to follow me!! Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment