Friday, September 28, 2012

My wild and crazy Pinterest!

Have you gotten hooked on Pinterest yet??  I discovered it about a year ago...and like most people I know, I just used it as a place to get lost online!  I spent time pinning projects that I'd probably never do, clothes I was never going to buy or wear, and yummy recipes I'd likely never attempt to make.  When it came time to plan my daughters birthday parties I found myself pinning a little more since I had something specific to look for (Strawberry Shortcake and Minnie Mouse).  Then came the plans for my younger sister's over-the-top nautical themed baby shower.  During that planning process Pinterest became my BFF.  This was also when I first noticed that the number of people 'following' my account was increasing dramatically.  I didn't know 20,000 people...how in the world did they all end up finding MY Pinterest account?  And was it really that interesting to them all??!!

As the days went on the number of followers continued to grow.  Today, at this very moment, I have 2,166,231 followers.  Yes, that's million.  By the time I'm done with this post that number will have increased, by a lot.  Just for comparison I found the official Martha Stewart Living Pinterest page.  It only has 106,873 followers!  And Bethenny Frankel (who I LOVE!) ... she only has 45,748 followers.  How in the world I have ended up with over two million people following me...I don't really have an explanation for.  All I can say is that I'm having fun sharing the things that I love (or at least WANT to love) with so many people from all parts of the world.  I decided to start this blog so I'll have a record of my journey...and a place to record my very favorite pin from each day.  That might be the pin that got the most comments, or the most repins, or just the one that I loved the most!

And for the record...in the few minutes it took me to write this blog post...I've gained another 250 followers.  Guess that means I better wrap this up and get back to pinning!!

Come check me out at Denise's Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment